Urban Charter School Study - Workbook
This workbook summarizes the major findings of CREDO’s 2015 Urban Charter School Study. It is structured into 6 major sections addressing the following questions:
- Why is this study important?
- How were urban schools and regions chosen for inclusion?
- What kinds of students are being served and does this vary by region and sector (charter vs. traditional public school (TPS))?
- How does the performance of urban charters and TPS compare, overall and by region? Does this vary by student subgroup? By school type?
- Is there evidence that charter schools engage in cream skimming?
- What are the implications of this analysis for urban public education?